- Membership: Help excite our staff and school community to join the PTA! Be at school events, talk about the PTA, provide sign up sheets, and help potential members to sign up. This position requires some commitment to attend school events and staff the PTA table.
- Box Tops for Education: Coordinators are in charge of educating families about the Box Tops mobile app, reminding school supporters to scan their receipts and keep everyone updated on their school's earning progress. They're also in charge of submitting any unexpired traditional clipped Box Tops.
- Beautification: Plans/hosts at least one beautification event a year to enhance to appearance of the school. Previous beautification incluides the mini libraries and the community garden. $500 budget.
- Communications: Manages the website, distributes flyers/newsletters, updates bulletin board and help reach out to the CRES community.
- Audit Committee: Helps the PTA remain compliant with state and local filings, balance the books, and support the annual audit.
- Bylaws (every 3 years): The Bylaws Coordinator coordinates the process by which, every three years, the CRES PTA by-laws must be updated. If changes are made, they must be voted on and then sent to the Maryland State PTA office.
- PTACH Delegate: Attends monthly PTACH meetings and shares important and relevant information with CRES PTA.
- Community Advisory Council (CAC) Representative
- Reflections (National PTA Reflection Art Program): In charge of reviewing the contest rules/categories and deciding which categories we will offer for submission. Also responsible for communicating the rules and contests to the PTA Board to announce the contest. When submissions are received they are mounted and submitted to the appropriate contest contact per the instructions.
- Events: Organizes and plans events throughout the school year in coordination with the executivee board and PTA members.
- Fundraising: Be creative and help raise funds through different vehicles like events, restaurant nights, and other fundraisers. Your level of involvement is very flexible.
- School of Excellence: Enrolls CRES to participate in program and assists with implementing an action plan for school improvement throughout the year.
- Room Parent: Supports communication between the teacher and the parents in a class, as well as among class parents. One parent can serve as Room Parent, or two parents can share the job. Room Parents play a vital role in helping teachers and enriching the classroom environment.